Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas shopping made easy this year

Advertising is so amazing. I was watching TV the other night, and I saw a commercial advertising this website www.gifts.com. Coincendentally, at the time I was thinking about what I was going to get my family and boyfriend for Christmas. I am a horrible shopper when it comes to buying unique and cool gifts for other people that they will actually like. So, the commercial advertised that the website has this game like feature where you select the age and gender of the person you want to buy a present for. (The tab to get to the section of the website is called "Personality"). Say you select the size of the guy down from a "man". You click on what is called "teen boy" and you can select a teenager or a college boy. Then you go through a series of questions where you are categorizing the boy into two different things. A question asks "What does he tend to exercise most?"...and you click either his legs, playing sports or his fingers, playing video games.

You go through a series of questions and then you end up with lists of gifts that might fit his personality type. It was actually quite helpful in the kinds of gifts I was trying to think of for people. It seems kind of like cheating because it wasn't my idea for gifts in the first place but it does relieve stress!

Never thought the internet would be suggesting gifts for my family and boyfriend...

By Lauren Darmody

No comments: