Tuesday, November 27, 2007

MYSPACE NO LONGER FREE!!! Just a rumor???

This is going to be short and sweet but there is a rumor going around to us myspace users that says that Tom (the creator of myspace) is going bankrupt. They say he is spending all his money on licenses and despite his best efforts he is going to have to start charging a hefty fee of $22.00 PER MONTH in order to stay afloat.

Myspace will begin charging this fee in the beginning of 2009 and the only way to avoid it is to go to a new website called myspace 2. I don't know where or what the website is, but if this is a true rumor then I will be very upset.

Like most of us I use myspace to keep in contact with my friends who have moved away, or who have gone out of the country and post pictures. I have found many people I never thought I would ever talk to again and people I forgot I even knew. I really hope this doesn't happen...

Krista Hartford

1 comment:

Innovation Journalism said...

That's another one of those whispy rumors that have no facts to back it.

Myspace is owned by Intermix Media which is ownd by Fox which is owned by our beloved Rupert Murdoch. Therfore, Rupert owns Tom. And tom is just another employee at Intermix Media.

To let myspace become downgraded due to one employee's actions is not something Fox is going to let happen.