Tuesday, September 30, 2008

TiVo on a PC

TiVo and Nero of Germany were set to announce that they will be launching a package that turns a Windows PC into a TV recorder, just like a TiVo set-top box.  This kit will cost around $199 and will go on sale on October 15th.  The kit will included a remote and a TV tuner that plugs into your PC.  This is not the first software that allows TV recording on the PC.  It will, however, be the first time that both the TiVo interface and functions have been replicated on a PC.
I just recently got a DVR and use it all the time.  I don't think I would buy this product because TV is not that important to me where I would want it on my computer but I can see how it would for some people.  Should be interesting to see if the product becomes popular in the near future.
-Carly Youngren

No comments: